Removing black spots from face: Using ancient recipes
Many people globally are plagued by spots, dots, and dark patches. Some people also get an increase in freckles. How to remove black spots from face, neck and hands is a constant question. These dark patches and blemishes are dermatological nuisances involving skin pigmentation. Age, hormones, environment, emotions, lifestyle as well as a host of other factors contribute to these discolorations.
Older people, with fairer complexion suffer greater than their darker skin counterparts. As the fair skin can immediately show discolorations knowing how to remove dark spots from face is highly beneficial. Darker skin complexions have additional skin problems. Their need may be to remove black spots from face as well as repair extra dry flaky patches that show up on the face in the winter time.
Chinese medicine attributes these discolorations to liver imbalances that directly affect splenic functions as well. When this liver-spleen Qi(Chi) function is imbalanced, dark spots show up like toxic popcorn. People who are suffering spots also will most likely have yellowish skin tone and eye whites. These two indicators show definite liver dysfunction.
Poor diet, bad tempers, and systemic dehydration leads to eruptions of dark spots and blemishes on the body. Ideally , prevention is best, but what happens when you find you have to remove a dark spot from your face or neck area. Maybe from your hands, too.
Emotionally draining situations as well as lack of proper rest lead to a whole host of health problems including needing to remove dark spots from face. The following suggestions can be used to remove black spots from the face and help prevent them from popping up again. If you have dark circles under your eyes, somebody’s tired.
Food therapy is very effective in removing black spot from the face
Food therapy is effective in removing dark spots. Chinese medicine has long used methods that treat spots from the inside. If the Qi comes back into balance then your spots would cease as well as start to fade and disappear.
If you are unfamiliar or a novice, please consult a family Chinese medicine practitioner. Seek professional advice before preparing and taking.
Black Fungus and Red Date Soup
Ingredients: 30g black fungus; 20 red dates; 5 bowls of water.
Instructions: Soak and clean the black fungus and remove seeds from the red dates. Add water and boil for around 1 hour into 2 bowls. A little honey may be added for better taste. Suggest serving twice a day, in the morning and evening.
Effects: Invigorates the spleen and promotes blood circulation to dispel hematoma (bruise or pool of blood).
Applications: Facial pigmentation with irregular menstruation, hematoma and blood clots, menstrual pain, darkened or ecchymosis on the tongue, etc.
Ingredients: 30g mung bean; 15g adzuki bean; 15g lily buds.
Instructions: Clean all ingredients and pour them into a pot. Add 500ml of water and boil with low fire into about 300ml. Enjoy 100ml per serving.
Effects: Nourishes the lungs and promotes blood circulation.
Applications: Lung deficiencies, combination of fire and dryness, dry skin and facial discolorations, etc.
If you are not the Ancient Chinese Medicine type, here are some Western homeopathic methods that are just as effective.
How to remove black spots from face the old fashioned way
Don’t take Lime Juice lightly
Lime and lemon juice has been used as a lightener of many things for some time. You can use lemon juice to lighten your hair as well as remove black spots from your face. Citric acid (vitamin C) lightens the skin affected and stimulates cells growth to push clearer skin to the surface. Fresh lime juice is loaded with citric acid.
- Fresh lemon or lime juice is best but diluted concentrate will work. Put some juice on a cotton ball or swab.
- Apply directly to area to be lighten. When using lemon juice and a swab, you can remove dark spots from your face very precisely.
- Let dry and stand for a few minutes. would not recommend more than five minutes (5 min). Lemon and lime juice are straight acid. Acid burns. Too much exposure can create more problems than solve.
- Follow with a skin type appropriate moisturizer.
- Use this regularly rather than for more time at each sitting.
- Fresh grapefruit juice is very powerful also. A solution of lemon, lime and grapefruit would triple the power to removes dark spots from face and neck area. It is advisable to dilute at least a little, to reduce risk of injury.
Exercise caution when using undiluted lemon juice. Sensitive skin more be less aggravated if even the fresh lemon juice were diluted. Dry sufferers, always remember to follow with moisturizer to prevent additional dryness.
Limit your sun exposure as well. Skin can suffer great irritation if exposed to direct sunlight right after using lemon juice or other lighteners to remove black marks from face.
Use a cotton swab to dab directly on smaller spots
Take a look at this very effective mask. Bet you didn’t know that innocuous sprig of green on your dinner plate has many uses. One of which is to be the ingredient in many skin products. Below is a mask recipe that can be made in advance, kept refrigerated in an air tight container, and used as a part of your daily skin regimen.
Parsley Face Mask for Black Spots on Your Face
Did you know that parsley extract is used in many cosmetics meant for skin discoloration problems! Parsley is a rich source of vitamin C, the vitamin that encourages the production of collagen and helps clear blemishes to give you an even skin tone. It is also rich in vitamin K that helps improve your skin’s elasticity. Its vitamins C and A provides antioxidants to protect your skin from the damage caused by free radicals. It is especially beneficial when your black spots are due to acne scars. In fact, parsley will contain acne outbreaks too due to its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Here is a face mask recipe using parsley along with lemon juice and honey. Lemon juice will enhance the skin lightening properties of the mask and honey will give moisturizing and soothing effect to your skin.
Parsley Face Mask to Remove Black Spots on Face
You will need:
- Generous handful of parsley stalks and sprigs
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp. Adjust lower for sensitive or dry skin
- Honey- 2-3 tsp Honey has a soothing and skin conditioning effect.
What to do with all of that:
- Wash the parsley in warm to hot water. Remove debris and warm the oils inside the parsley. Also this will soften the parsley. Will grind quickly and easily.
- Coarsely chop and then grind in mortar and pestle. A rich green paste is created.
- Adjust the lemon juice if skin is sensitive or prone to dryness.
- Make sure face has been washed well. This loosens the top layer of skin making it easier to respond the mask.
- Use the paste as a full mask or as spot treatment for the areas that are have discoloration issues.
- 15-20 minutes is reasonable amount of time to leave on. However, use good judgement if at any time you feel discomfort, burning, itching, swelling, etc… remove immediately with plenty of cold water.
- It is better to repeat the process on subsequent days than leave it on for longer periods of time.
Let’s remember to develop good working and resting habits, maintain a joyful mood, try the spot-removing recipes above and get rid of those nasty spots! Have a Happy Healthy Day.