This post is a part of 4 post series for 40 natural weight loss ideas. If you’ve not read the first 2 parts yet, checking them out first is recommended:
Continue reading: Lose Weight Naturally: 40 Simple and Quick Ideas Pt 3 of 4
Just about every one knows what is involve in losing weight: Consume less calories, burn off the calories you are already storing. However, most diets and weight-loss concepts don’t do as they have promoted or don’t work at all. These 10 actionable ideas will make it easy for you to shed pounds quickly.
21. Choose an outing that involves some form of activity. Why just go to a movie or restaurant where you most likely would be sitting and eating. Ask your friends to a tennis match, play dodge ball with your kids, or take an exercise class. A community inspired activity get a group of like minded friends together to do a neighborhood or park clean up. Lose weight, have fun and help the community. Win-win-win.
22. Losing weight naturally is a step by step process. Invest a couple of dollars in a pedometer. Every step you take equals calories burnt. People who spent large amounts of time sitting saw weight loss by including 3000-5000 counted steps to their day.
23. Put less food on your plate and you’ll take less in. Conversely, the more food in front of you, the more you’ll eat—regardless of how hungry you are. So instead of using dinner plates that can be 10 to 14 inches across, use the next size down. Instead of using the larger glasses in the cabinet try using a 4-6 oz glass. Visually, the larger container or plate will look empty with a healthy amount of food on it. This will tempt you to put more on the plate to fill the space. The smaller plate will seem filled with the decreased portions.
24. Eating out can sabotage your weight loss. Eat 80-90% of your meals at home or from home. Most eating establishments pack tons of calories into one serving. Some dishes can contain as much as the whole day’s worth of calories and then you will want dessert. When eating out choose menu items that are grilled, raw, and accompanied by lots of vegetables. Try a grilled chicken salad with a flavorful dressing.
25. Serving meals at the table on plates rather platters will prevent overeating. Talk with your table mates in between bites to slow down eating. When your plate is empty you are through. No tempting large bowls or platters of food sitting on the table.
Order the smallest portion of everything. If you’re out and ordering a sub, get the 6-inch sandwich. Buy or serve the smallest portion of every thing. Again, studies find we tend to eat what we see in front of us. This leads to overeating which leads to extra pounds.
28. Studies show that eating water-rich foods give the body the sensation of fullness that it needs to naturally stop eating. Plain liquid is not enough to feel full when satisfying hunger because of the way the brain processes thirst and hunger. Try having cucumbers, lettuce, or a squash or melon.
29. Vegetables should be the main item on your plate. They take a lot of energy to chew, have few calories in them and are packed with most of all the daily nutrients recommended to an individual. You can eat 2-3 times more in vegetables than any of the other foods. That is so much food at one time that you will be full before you consume it. Pair with a wild or brown rice. This combinations delivers fiber, carbohydrates, flavor, nutrition and fullness. Lots of satisfaction without frivolous calories.
30. Avoid processed white foods. Most processed white food has been stripped of any beneficial properties. It is food for food sake. Many processed white foods cause upset in the metabolism.
Replace the processed white food with its healthier whole grain counterpart. White rice to brown rice, white bread to 7 wholegrain bread. They are more more filling and nutritious. Try you next tuna sandwich with a hearty whole grain bread, lettuce and tomato. Delicious and nutritious.
Try any one or all of these simple and easy ways to lose weight without starving. Watch TV without packing on the pounds. Read the rest of the 4 part series, Lose Weight Naturally: 40 Easy Ideas.
Have a Happy Healthy Day.